the education of the deaf
Location: Turin, Italy | Duration: 5 days | Cost: 350€/person
Accordingly to your needs
This training is designed to support the needs of professionals in order to improve the quality of learning opportunities available to children and young people with deafness. An overview of the education of the deaf people will be provided.
The training will include the following topics:
▪ Presentation of the Institute for the Deaf and of the participants. Visit to the Museum and Library of the Institute for the Deaf. The Institute was founded in 1814 and is the second oldest of Italy and one of the oldest of Europe. The museum has ancient books and objects related to the history of the education of the Deaf since late 18th century.
▪ The education of the Deaf, from the ancient times until today. Sign Language, oral education, written skills, cochlear implant.
▪ Language acquisition: how deaf children acquire language. The acquisition of the oral language in the perspective of the theory of innatism. Examples of written skills and common mistakes from different languages. Proposal of training activities to improve written skills in Deaf learners.
▪ Deaf culture and International Signs.
Two cultural visits will be organized museums with special educational program accessible for deaf visitors.
Staff in charge of school education (teaching and non-teaching, including school managers, heads, etc.), as well as other educational staff (school inspectors, school counsellors, pedagogical advisors, psychologists, etc.).
Staff of local or regional school authorities or school coordination bodies leading a national mobility consortium who are involved in school policy, school development, or other activities of strategic importance for the school education sector.
▪ Certificate of attendance including description of training content and time input
▪ Europass Mobility Certificates – to be issued by the applicant’s National Agency