ONE LINE AT A TIME: CREATIVE WRITING AND POETRY
Location: Turin, Italy | Duration: 5 days | Cost: 350€/person
29.06.2020 – 03.07.2020
06.07.2020 – 10.07.2020
03.08.2020 – 07.08.2020
14.09.2020 – 18.09.2020
More details to be announced soon.
This week-long course is a practical introduction to creative writing in poetry. The course will consist of taught seminars covering ways to develop a reflective writing practice followed by workshopping of participants’ work.
The course consists of a series of collaborative and individual exercises as well as connected readings and analysis in a range of poetic approaches, styles and techniques. The course is designed to help develop not only essential aspects of the poet’s craft but also to widen the horizons of what a poem might look like and what it might be able to do. The course will explore, through practice and reflection, trends and developments in a range of poetic texts, introducing participants to issues, techniques and contexts of contemporary poetry.
This course aims to develop skills in creative writing practices, in critical reading and analysis and in research practices relevant to poets.
Participants will write and workshop their poems in a welcoming, stimulating context.
The course will include the following:
▪ Creative writing techniques
▪ Building up a poem: Find your own words
▪ Integrate creative writing in your school syllabus
▪ Implement new methodologies in the classroom
▪ Provide students with resources to reach their maximum potential
▪ Use non-traditional methodologies to analyze texts
▪ Engage students in reading and writing and in deep analysis and understanding of the content
▪ Encourage your students to research on their own feelings and needs
▪ Help them appreciate and enjoy literature and poetry form of expression
▪ Improve your own communicative skills and self-expression
Course requirements: Attendees should at least be at B1 level of English.
▪ Certificate of attendance including description of training content and time input
▪ Europass Mobility Certificates – to be issued by the applicant’s National Agency